After the sell-out success of our Women’s Intro to MTB day, Emma and I are back with a whole event this August – and tickets are on sale NOW!
The relationship between exercise and mental health has been a hot topic in recent years. Finding the time to gather your thoughts, to centre yourself and move through life isn’t always straightforward. This is why Emma and I are hosting a Women’s Wheels & Wellbeing day on Sunday, August 18th 2019 in the heart of the Afan Valley.
For many of us, riding our bikes certainly improves our mood, acts as a release and escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, but what about when you’re not riding a bike? Accompanied by Sarah Washbourne, a Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, we’ll look at how you can use mountain biking alongside tools and techniques for managing stress levels, keeping well and practising self-care in your everyday life.
Emma and I have put together a fun-packed programme for the day including:
- Our own private cosy room
- Tea and coffee throughout the day with delicious cake at lunchtime
- Pre-ride bike safety check
- Morning ride; a mix of red trails and natural descents in the awesome Afan Valley. We’ll be using points on the trail to introduce basic grounding techniques for wellbeing
- An afternoon led by Sarah, who will begin with a stress management session, discussing the physical and emotional effects of stress. Followed by a self-care workshop.
- Take-home material
- Photos from the day
As always, you don’t have to be super fit or fast, it’s about meeting like-minded women, having fun on bikes and picking up new techniques for practising self-care. Tickets are £75 per person and has a first-come-first serve policy. All bookings must be made via the Eventbrite link below.
If you have any questions about the day please contact either: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.