Do you have an MTB story to tell or an experience to share, maybe even advice to pass on? MTB Voices is a community space for people to share their stories, experiences and advice to help break down barriers and promote inclusivity in MTB.
Women’s participation in mountain biking has soared over the years, which is fantastic! However, not all the nitty-gritty truths are talked about often enough, like body image, disabilities, religion, gender and sexuality – to name a few. So with this in mind, I’m beginning this community page as a shared space for anyone to contribute to, give voices a platform to speak from and provide helpful insights from the MTB community that may help others in similar situations or inspire others to try something new.
If you would like to contribute a piece to this space then here are some useful bits of information:
- Word limit: approx. 2,000.
- For photos, please ensure you have permission to use them if they are not yours. Credit will be given to the original photographer where necessary.
- It’s ok to submit a piece that you may have written about before, but I cannot accept duplicate articles that are published elsewhere.
- Just be yourself and let your personality come through.
- If you have an idea but are unsure how to nurture it, don’t be put off! I can help flesh it out with you and get you on the right track.
For all content submitted, I’ll publish backlinks to your social media/website channels along with credit to photographers and co-authors. I will check grammar, spelling and do the formatting of the article, but I won’t change your words, this is your story after all!
Submit your details and a brief of the article you wish you submit and I’ll be in touch to discuss details and deadlines via email. I am a one-woman-band so it may take a couple of days to get back to you. If you have any questions at all, use the form below also.